Do you like to have a beautiful lawn in your yard? Clean, green and well mowed lawn is not just everybody’s dream but also is pretty much pleasing. You can engage a lawn mowing service for a fee but how about doing it yourself over the weekend? You need to know what type of lawn mower suffices your need and how much you should spend on it etc before you bought one for your home.
Choosing the Right Type of Lawn Mower
Before you chose a lawn mower, decide whether you want to buy electric or gasoline driven mower. Each type has its own ups and downs. In general you may follow the points as given below.
1. Base your decision on the area to mow. Larger the area bigger is the mower you may want to purchase. You can consider even the non powered mower for small lawns.
2. If your lawn is small and the farthest edge is about 30 to 35 feet away from your nearest power socket you can very well go for an electric lawn mower.
3. If it is for large gardens or golf courses go for ride-on models powered by diesel or gas engines with controls on both the hands. Even a garden tractor suffices for you. Engine power varies from 8.5 HP to 13 HP and the price from $1750 to $5000.
4. Price is an important factor to look at. A basic walk-behind model costs about $400 and for a little more you get a better engine with ball bearing and utility handle bars. Higher prices like $700 to $900 get you self starting, self propelled models with additional features.
5. For sloped small lawns a Hover model suits best. They are light and easy, you need to carry them to lawn and start. They come in both diesel and electric versions.
How Do You Want To Mow Your Lawn
Summer: Raise the mower to 3 inches or more to cut grass long. Mowing once in a fortnight may be enough depending on watering and soil condition.
Spring: Sharpen and service the mower before getting started. Only top-dressing must give the lawn a beautiful look.
Winter: Drain gas from the lawn mower and store it covered in your garage.
Automatic Lawn Mowers
The benefits of robot mowers are numerous. You don’t have to push or ride a mower to get your lawn mowed, you don’t have to deal with clippings, you free up some of your precious weekend time, and the mulch it creates is a healthy alternative to your lawn over fertilizer. Robomowers are also good for the environment – they take no gas or oil and create no emissions.
Related with How Choose The Right Type Of Lawn Mower you may also interesting
For over 100 years hunting plantations have been planting fruit trees for wildlife food and shelter. Like the old English hunting plantations, today’s hunters are , read more History Of Wildlife Food Nuts Berries Fruits And Acorns
Considering the hard work involved, I can still honestly state there is nothing quite as “relaxing” as spending the day working in my garden. Well , read more Gardening Is It A Hobby
If you’re lucky enough to have a lawn with a good topsoil base, much of the hard work of keeping a lawn beautiful is , read more 5 Steps To A Better Lawn And Garden
However, softwood producing trees such as the Cedar contain just two types of cell and have few water conducting vessels meaning it stays dryer in , read more Crazy Conifers A Cedar Wood Story