Landscaping is the one gardening endeavor that can consume lots and lots of your time and energy. If you are thinking of tackling it on a grand scale, you will need some major preparation. If you were to consider hiring a professional landscaper, you would most probably find that the costs would be quite horrendous.
Now that’s fine if money is no object, but I personally get great pleasure from my own endeavors, gardening is after all my great passion in life.
I would strongly suggest however, that you have a clear idea in your mind about how you would like your garden to look, rather than simply starting off without a clear plan in mind.
Having said all that, here are simple but indispensable tips to guide you in making your landscaping activities extremely rewarding.
Draw Your Landscape Plan.
However not just any plan. It needs to be a well thought out landscape plan, or you are certainly doomed to lose money as well as time and energy. You really need to take account of the style
and function of your landscape, and a good idea of the plants that you also want to include. Focus on that area where you spend most of your time, because this is where your landscaping labors should all be directed.
Investigate A Free Planning Service.
Hiring an independent designer would probly cost you hundreds of dollars, but you might well discover that many nurseries offer a free planning service, particularly if you are likely to be
spending some money with them.
Take Account Of The Style Of Your Home.
When planning your landscape, the style should complement the design of your house and your personality as well. There are various landscape styles which you can choose for your garden:-
1. Formal – This style uses lots of straight lines and perfect geometrical shapes. Orderly arrangement of plants instead of random positioning is employed, and close arrangement and pruning
is used on many landscaped gardens with this style.
2. Informal – This kind of landscaping goes well with houses which have a cozy look to them. Beds with curved edges instead of straight lines and random placement of plants suit this landscape style.
3. English Garden – This style emphasizes on the harmony between the house’s architecture and the garden.
4. Formal/Informal Garden – This style often comes with a brick walkway that exudes formality. This walkway leads to the rear with a circle of plants. The arrangement of plants resembles the English garden style, but it has no formal borders.
5. Oriental – It is often the kind of garden found in houses with small backyards. It uses rocks, evergreens and water, and a wide variety of plants to create several angles with this style.
6. Woodland – This landscaping suits a house that has a wooded backyard and an inclined terrain.
Keeping those tips in mind will not only make your landscaping a very fruitful activity, but will save you considerable expense as well as time.
Don,t be frightened to use your imagination and flair for color in this project, after all it is primarily to please yourself and your family. I suggest that the satisfaction that you will gain from creating and designing your own personal landscaped garden, will make you feel like a true artist.
Related with The Art Of Landscaping Your Garden you may also interesting
77hydro was started in 1999 with a goal to provide customers with unmatched service and support for their indoor gardening needs. As the customers needs grew , read more Grow Lights
It is spring now, and for many people, that means getting out into the garden. I for one love getting into my garden and spending , read more Get Some Garden Tools
Butterflies, especially the colourfully marked types are very pretty to watch as the undulate through the summer breezes but there are certain varieties that can , read more How To Conquer Caterpillars
Have you experienced the frustration trying to grow plants that never grow? If you have, there may be some things to consider before you attempt , read more Get Growth From Your Plants